Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Must have resided here for a minimum of 28 days.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Can't be registered to vote elsewhere.
- Can't be a convicted felon.
Voters may register by mail by completing the Application for Voter Registration and mailing it to the Town of Westport, 5387 Mary Lake Road, Waunakee, WI 53597. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election.
You may register to vote in person at the Westport Kennedy Administration Building at 5387 Mary Lake Road, Waunakee, WI 53597 during regular open office hours.
You are required to provide your driver's license number on the registration form. In addition, please make sure to bring along an acceptable proof-of-residence
To register online click the link below:
Photo ID information
Proof of Residence
Only items on this list count as proof-of-residence. Junk mail does not count.
All proof of residence documents must include the voter's name and current address.
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- Bank statement.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
- An affidavit on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual's residence for voting purposes.
- Residential lease that is effective on date of registration. (Not valid if registering by mail.)
- Free ID Card to vote
The State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation will issue free state issued identification cards to any eligible voter that makes the request for the free ID 'for purposes of voting'. If you are a regular voter that does not have a valid driver's license or current state issued identification, you may want to take the opportunity to receive that free identification card soon to avoid the rush at election time. You cannot have a current driver's license and receive a free state ID. For more information visit these sites:
Absentee Ballots Absentee Ballot Request Form
Absentee ballots may be requested in writing by qualified registered electors prior to the election. Please see How to Apply for an Absentee Ballot
for more details and the absentee ballot request form
. Voters may vote the ballot in person during regular open office hours
and until 5:00pm on the Friday prior to election day at the Town of Westport Administration Building, 5387 Mary Lake Road, Waunakee, WI 53597. The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot to be sent by mail is 5:00 pm the Thursday before the election.
Click the links below for more information on Elections
Where do I vote?
Election Contingency Plan