Badgerland Disposal will provide refuse and recycling collection for all residents begining January 2, 2021. Please review the 2021 Refuse & Recycling Calendar. Dates for trash and recycling will be Tuesday and Friday.
For questions regarding service or to determine your specific pickup date contact Badgerland Disposal by calling (608) 580-0580 or via email at [email protected].
Collection Program Guidelines
- Refuse and recycling must be curbside by 6:00 am on your designated collection day.
- All refuse/recycling materials must be INSIDE of the carts, waste or bags outside of the carts will not be taken.
- On holiday weeks we operate on a one-day delay.
- Carts remain the property of Badgerland Disposal. Residents will be required to pay for replacement carts is damages are due to neglience or abuse.
- Please do not take the containers if you move. You may label the containers with tape or removable decal, but do not write on or deface in any other way.
Your recycling cart will be serviced bi-weekly (every other week) based on the calendar/schedule. The following items are banned from Wisconsin landfills and as a result should be placed in your recycling cart for proper processing, handling and/or reuse:
- Aluminum containers
- Bi-metal containers (i.e. containers made from a combination of steel and aluminum)
- Corrugated cardboard (all corrugated cardboard cut into peices no larger than 3' x 3')
- Glass containers
- Magazines and other materials printed on similar paper
- Newspaper and other materials printed on newsprint
- Mixed paper
- Plastic containers #1 - #7 - milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, soda and water bottles, etc.
- Steel containers (tin cans)
Refuse (trash, waste, garbage):
Your refuse cart will be serviced every week based on the calendar/schedule. Solid waste is what most of us think of as "trash", "refuse", or "garbage" that is produced at home, work or leisure. This catergory does NOT include and of the recyclable items listed above, any household hazardous waste, liquid latex paint, yeard waste, appliances or electronics.
The following items are not allowed and will not be handled by Badgerland Disposal for curbside pickup:
- Hazardous goods not allowed
- Yard waste not allowed (grass clippings, leaves, branches, soil, etc)
Contact Badgerland Disposal by calling (608) 580-0580 or via email at [email protected] with any questions.
Accepted Items & Guidelines
Please note all garbage must be containerized for pickup.
- Resource Solutions Corp. - RecycleThatStuff
- Computer & Electronics Recycling Information
- Environmental Services - Veolia
- Dane County Clean Sweep Information
- Agricultural Clean Sweep Information
- Dane County Public Works
- Residential Refuse Guidelines